IFIX 32 Conversion

awnet

Hi all!
Could you tell me if is possible to convert an application from IFix32 v6.1 to IFix 5.0.
Is possible to take the pictures graphic from the old application to the newone.

Thank you very much.

I'm assuming that you meant Fix32 v6.1 instead of iFix32...

It is possible, but it isn't really a quick and easy process...

There is a utility program (I don't recall the name of it--I think it can be found in the iFix directory) that can be used to convert the graphics from Fix32 to iFix, but you still have to go through and redo most of the dynamic objects.

It's been a few years since I have last done it--I recall that there was a 'Fix32 to iFix migration guide' available from the Intellution website.

Hi all!
Could you tell me if is possible to convert an application from IFix32 v6.1 to IFix 5.0.
Is possible to take the pictures graphic from the old application to the newone.

Thank you very much.

I tried that 2 years ago and eventhough the graphics are imported OK, there was an issue with the format of the tag database. Talking to tech support at the time, my only option was to re-enter the tags by hand. With almost 2000 tags, that was not an option, so I left the Fix32 application as is.

Should be able to export the tags to excel then export a few from the new ifix to another then modify the the old format to match the new format then re-import to ifix even if it meant cutting & pasting in excel. should make it easier.
We upgraded a system (ifix to ifix) but needed to change the format as different I/O drivers we exported 21,000 tags then worked on them in excel it was definitely quicker than in the ifix editor.

I don't think that Fix32 allows an export to a CSV file...

The tag/database formats between Fix32 and iFix should be the same unless the I/O drivers and/or the PLCs are changing...

I don't think that Fix32 allows an export to a CSV file...

The tag/database formats between Fix32 and iFix should be the same unless the I/O drivers and/or the PLCs are changing...

The application I was using was to a PLC5 using DH+. Again , being 2 years ago , I am going from memory. The issue was not so much that the tags were not imported, but that each one required some manual manipulation that I did not have time for on an out of town startup that needed the plant to be running over a weekend. Since the original FIX32 application was on an NT machine that had been lost, I was given an XP box on the job site, and "..all i had to do.." was convert the application to iFIX.

I ended up getting the FIX32 to run on XP and left it that way and had my iFIX USB key replaced with a FIX key.

Last edited: