Mitsubishi Q - 0 Maintenance Steps???

tmiuser

Hey again, O great Gurus......

I have a Mitsubishi Here that will not permit me to perform any more 'OnLine' Changes because it says that it only has 6 Maintenance Steps remaining......

I remember seeing that number start at 500...and slowly dwindle...but....

NOW...is there a way to reset it so that I can continue??

I have thought that maybe dumping the program back in would work....but, I do not wat to effect the Assembly line that it is running....(in case dumping it back in clears any data, or latches.....)

What do you all think?
:)

-Steve

Not sure what this maintenance steps are never came across it if you mean the max steps size usually 512 steps per on-line change it probably means there is not enough spare memory in the plc.
It is possible that when the on-line changes are made nop's are put in the code in this case only a complete download will cure this.
Note downloading the program only will not wipe the data stored in DM area but if worried then you can save the state of D registers it depends on what programming software you are using i.e. GX Developer when upload tick only Device memory this will upload all device memory state as is at that time.
If on GXIEC then Select Debug then device edit there you can set the memory area i.e. D or R registers then read from plc & save them to file for restoration later.
If your memory is nearly full then only reationalisation of the program will give you enough memory for future changes

Hi, i have seen this myself some time ago i either cycled the power or downloaded offline with write to plc.

on the smaller Q's i think it can only buffer so many steps in the online edit as parky says.