Audio box

Avner

Hello All

One of customers asked me for a "box" that can get a signal (not communication) and play (using activ speckers) a few seconds of music (or message).

Did you ever hear of something like that?
Any ideas where I can find it?

Thanks

Avner Barak

If you don't find commercial product (i think I've
seen those too) try digital voice recorders.
They are small (some are built into pen), cheap and
come with few pushbuttons to trigger playback of
different record.
Just add an amplifier, replace built in push buttons
with terminals so they can be driven by relay outputs
and record tunes or voice messages of your choice.
Typical record is ca 15 seconds but this depends on
capacity of the memory chip.

I do not know if it is available over there but Federal Signal has what's called a Comm Center that will play a prerecorded message with a contact closure.

http://www.federalsignal-indust.com/default.asp?pageID=2&lookup=2412

you might also want to try Edwards Signaling Products as well (they might have a cross reference number).

http://www.edwards-signals.com/index.cfm?PG=3&PID=406&Level=63&CFID=1297888&CFTOKEN=37716456

There are others who manufacture such a device besides these two... they were the first ones to come to mind.

Bob

Radio Shack has a little project kit, 20 second recording module, $9.99us, Catalog #: 276-1323. Play back at switch closure.