HELP - FIX 7.0 software key, doesn't recognize

LMDAVE

I was tasked with updating a 2001 computer that was running FIX 7.0 to a newer 2009 Dell. I installed all the same versions of software and everything is working great except for one thing, when I plug the blue parellel software key into the new Dell, it says I don't have a key. I powered down and pulled it back out and put it in the old computer and it works so I know I didn't damage it.

Some info:

The key in the old computer won't let me go to draw mode, or database view, it says key is not licensed for that. But the key says Full Scada. Either way, in the new dell it just doesn't recognize the key at all.

The parallel port is working, I have a printed installed in the back of the new computer through the key and it printed fine.

Any ideas why this is happening? I only had today available to get this thing running.

Maybe the software is not completely compatible with your new operating system.

(guessing your 2001 computer is running Windows98 and the 2009 computer is running XP, correct?)

No, when I got the computer I wiped it and bought and version of window 2000 professional and I am running that. I have many other FIX stations running on Windows 2000. Now the key does say:

FIX Full Scada Ver 7.0 NT CD

But, I never had a problem from updating from Windows NT to Windows 2000 for FIX.

No, when I got the computer I wiped it and bought and version of window 2000 professional and I am running that. I have many other FIX stations running on Windows 2000. Now the key does say:

FIX Full Scada Ver 7.0 NT CD

But, I never had a problem from updating from Windows NT to Windows 2000 for FIX.

I beleive the old Dongles used a Sentinel driver. Have you installed that on the newer Dell machine

No, I didn't, I woudl have thought the FIX 7.0 installation woudl have installed that. How can I go about getting that driver and installing it?

I ran into the same thing. I had an older installation of V 7.0 and wanted to move it to a newer PC. I used a newer CD (still V 7.0) to install on the new machine.

Here's the answer: When GE bought Intellution, they changed the dongle from Rainbow to Hasp. The newer CD's install the driver for the Hasp dongle, driver and dongle must match.

I'm guessing your old install is using a Rainbow brand dongle, and the new install is looking for a Hasp dongle.
I had to download and install a new .dll to get it to work.

Ken

Last edited:
curlyandshemp, I wanted to give you credit for pointing this out, it did work and saved me a lot of hassle today. Thanks to everyone else for confirming it also.