OT: Cord grip bushing to accomodate large molded end connector

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
The picture should about cover it.

In the past, I have customized a cord grip bushing by splitting the rubber grommet and combining pieces from several separate kits, but for this application, I want to buy something that fits with minimal mods.

Any product recommendations? Stainless steel preferred....
Thanks,
Paul

cgb.jpg

I have done what you are describing around a mouse cable, whilst being able to pass the USB plug through the cord grip gland, the mouse was a cheap sacrificial item in a corrosive area, its lasted 4 years so far.

I used a 25 mm gland and got some sealed foam about 20 mm in diameter with a split from the center to one edge that I place around the cable and the tightened the gland.
I have even used the foam type ear plugs to fill the gap then tightened gland.

Take a look at this link
http://apgvision.com/productpages/cordgrip.htm

Last edited:
I have done what you are describing around a mouse cable, whilst being able to pass the USB plug through the cord grip gland, the mouse was a cheap sacrificial item in a corrosive area, its lasted 4 years so far.

I used a 25 mm gland and got some sealed foam about 20 mm in diameter with a split from the center to one edge that I place around the cable and the tightened the gland.
I have even used the foam type ear plugs to fill the gap then tightened gland.

Take a look at this link
http://apgvision.com/productpages/cordgrip.htm

That link is just what I am looking for in this single cable application. Thanks for the links to the Roxtec stuff too.

Paul