serial device server and PLC coms

rigicon

Hi fellow Control experts,
I have been playing with a ATOP SW5001 Ethernet to serial converter. Got it talking through ethernet then serial to a TSadapter then onto an S7 300 at 38400. Able to watch live etc from any where on the network-cool. I then got an old wireless router and programmed it as a client and plugged it into the SW5001 and got the whole thing working wirelessly. This was pukka because the laptop is wireless and the router+SW5001+TSadapter is wireless to the PLC.

I have now bought a ATOP SW5002 from Ebay half price. very interesting as it has two seperate ip addresses the ethernet port and wireless port to set up. I used the ethernet port to configure it and the wireless port dynamically links to the network. This is great stuff I have an ethernet port, a wireless link, 2 x RS232/422/485 ports but no USB.

I know a USB to serial converter often needs a software driver so I don't know how one would be able to convert a USB device to serial plugged into the SW5002.

Has anyone else had any experience with these wonderful serial device converters?
:):site: