1794-IJ2 frequency module

jainil2210

Hello,
i'm planning to use 1794-IJ2 frequency module for the first time in my new project.
My questions are:
1)can i use this module in place of dynalco speed monitor?
2)is it necessory to connect 2 inputs in this module?cant i use single magnetic pickup probe as single input in this module?(as catalog says that this module calculate speed with two probes only.)
3)what is the difference between gate input and frequency input?can i connect any input to frequency input?http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/member.php?u=33571

Quote:
1)can i use this module in place of dynalco speed monitor?
Yes, but you will have to do some math to get speed. Module gives you frequency and direction.

Quote:
2)is it necessory to connect 2 inputs in this module?
No

Quote:
cant i use single magnetic pickup probe as single input in this module?(as catalog says that this module calculate speed with two probes only.)
Yes a single input is ok. Each channel has two inputs frequency and gate. Frequency input is used to calculate frequency and the gate input is used to determine direction.

Quote:
3)what is the difference between gate input and frequency input?

Gate input is used to determine direction.

Quote:
can i connect any input to frequency input?
Not sure what you mean here, see manual for devices that can be connected. Link below for manual.

http://literature.rockwellautomation...m011_-en-p.pdf