Getting 1756-CNB diagnostics through CIP

panoskart

Hello there

I am new in the PLC programming stuff and I am working with an AB PLC Logix5000 series. I am trying to access the diagnostics of the ControlNet module through a cip message in order to monitor some alarms in case of a network problem. I have found some references up to now but they dont seem to work..Please see the attached picture for the configuration of my MSG command (the path is to the CNet module). The fault that I get is '16#005 no connection' and ' wrong class or attribute'. In the source tag I have set the 0000000400 in a Dint and 02 in an INT. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
moz-screenshot.png
. In addition is there a similar way to get diagnostics for the PLC processor in case of a fault?

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
See my attachment for the correct MSG setting, Source Element not needed. Then make sure the destination need to be an SINT (Short Integer) array with 6 element. And lastly your path pointed correctly to the correct ControlNet module.

50827-01.gif 50827-02.gif 50827-03.gif

Hi there

Thanks for the quick reply. Although the cip is now connected I still cannot see how to get diagnostics from these attributes..First of all, in the attached pic you can see the values that I have when online with healthy net. If I disconnect one Cnet tap I still have the same values alhtough there is a network error..Moreover can I find a reference of what is the attribute that each SINT looks at?

Untitled.jpg