WinCC, TCP/IP and some other S7 Q

Jeebs

Hi,

We are starting on a new project. WinCC6.2 project with some nice added features to make the operators life just that little bit easier.

One of the things we wanted to do was:
Using WinCC to send a string to another PC on the network using TCP/IP. All it needs to do is send said string to 192.168.10.25:37 for example.
A program on this other PC will monitor that port and once the string is detected/received it'll do whatever it does with it.

Is this possible using WinCC?
If so, can someone point me in the right direction?

And thats not all.
Wanted to know if it was possible to see within the PLC-code itself how many connections are currently active.
There are PC apps reading out data from the PLC's (S7-400's) and we'd like to know just how many connections are being used at any given time. this done within the PLC.

Is that possible?
If so, can anyone point that compass in the correct direction?

And thats about it for the moment.

Thnx
Jeebs

Hi,

And thats not all.
Wanted to know if it was possible to see within the PLC-code itself how many connections are currently active.
There are PC apps reading out data from the PLC's (S7-400's) and we'd like to know just how many connections are being used at any given time. this done within the PLC.

Is that possible?
If so, can anyone point that compass in the correct direction?

And thats about it for the moment.

Thnx
Jeebs

If you have online connection to the PLC you just right click the blocks folder and choose module information under the tab "Communication" you can see the number of reserved connections and the number of connections currently in use. You can also go to the special diagnostics tab under module information for each CP-card and get more information

Dont know about Wincc but if you have an ethernet card in the plc its fairly simple to use AG_send and send a string to a remote partner.

its possible, we do this to control camera's.

I will have to look up the vb code. if I remember correctly we use an external dll to do this.

will post here again next week when I am back in the office.

Regards,

Marsupilami