Square D Sy/Max Model 50 Error

fredjohns

When I connect to the Sy/Max PLC we are running in one of our machines I get the following error: Protocol Error 1028 I am running the Square D SFW-50 software. Not sure where to find out what this error is what where to find it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Fred Johns
Day Timer

Actually, your first link looks pretty helpful. On page A-25 (PDF page 279) it states:

"Protocol error <n>"

This is a low-level communications error. It usually happens when cables are connected incorrectly, or an incorrect COM port, baud rate, or route is specified in the /INIT/UTILITY screen.

🍻

-Eric

I am using DOS on an older PC and connecting the PC to our Model 500 sy/max plc using the NIOBRARA R&D SC902-15 SY/MAX PROGRAMMING CABLE

and using the swf50 software. Does this combination of computer, cable and software look like it should work ok. I will have to check the communication settings, not sure how things are set up.
Thanks
Fred Johns
Day Timer, Inc.
www.daytimer.com