What's the function of Flash Memory on the Siemens 928B CPU

YOUNGGWON

Hellow

I'm new in Simens PLC :cry:

I did Overall Reset our PLC.(S5 CPU 928B with Flash Memory)
After that, some function of Machine did not operate.

I thought that after overall reset, and plc was rebooted, the program loaded from flash card to ram. And it operate as like before.

Is this right?

Unfortunately I didn't uploaded the program before reseting the PLC.

PS. I'M SORRY MY ENGLISH

Last edited:
Hellow

I'm new in Simens PLC :cry:

I did Overall Reset our PLC.(S5 CPU 928B with Flash Memory)
After that, some function of Machine did not operate.

I thought that after overall reset, and plc was rebooted, the program loaded from flash card to ram. And it operate as like before.

Is this right?

Unfortunately I didn't uploaded the program before reseting the PLC.

PS. I'M SORRY MY ENGLISH

I assume this is a S5-135u?
You are correct about the program loading from EEPROM to RAM on the overall reset. However, the program loaded is the one stored on the EEPROM. Any other program changes or DB values altered after the last EEPROM burn are not stored on the EEPROM.

Thank you, Curlyandshemp.

S5-135U that's right.

I think there were any changes not stored on EEPROM

after last it burn as you say.

I learn that I must do overall reset after uploading.

Thank you.

P.S: We solved our problem by inviting expert programmer.

Generally speaking DON'T DO OVERALL RESET!

In many machines, the data blocks are not stored in the EPROM and using Overall reset will erase them.

Overall reset is very rarely needed. Identify the problem and then only use Overall Reset if that is required to solve the problem - such as corrupted memory.

Nick