Wincc Flexible Change Value Problem!

wordless

Hi everyone
I’m beginner and I have a strange problem with wincc flexible.
There is a kind of valve in the project that sends 2 bit for its status:
“open_status” and “close_status”.

So I there are 4 conditions:

- close status = 0 and open_status= 1 : valve is open
- close status = 1 and open_status= 0 : valve is closed
- close status = 0 and open_status= 0 : valve fault
- close status = 1 and open_status= 1 : valve fault

I want to show status of a valve with a graphic object in different colors.
I make an integer tag: “valve_status”.
On “Change value” of two bits (“open_status” and “close_status”), there is a script to check 2 bits and update “valve_status” with the new number:

- close status = 0 and open_status= 1 : valve_status = 1 valve is open
- close status = 1 and open_status= 0 : valve_status = 0 valve is closed
- close status = 0 and open_status= 0 : valve_status = 2 valve fault
- close status = 1 and open_status= 1 : valve_status = 2 valve fault

I assign “valve_status” to appearance of the graphic object and give it 3 different colors.
The problem is that it works in simulator without any problem, but it doesn’t work in real OP.
The script doesn’t run in real OP. In fact I place 2 graphic objects in the screen and assign two bits (open and close status) to them. It makes the problem gone! But it’s not good.

I’m sorry for explaining too much!
Any idea!?

I make an integer tag: “valve_status”.
In fact I place 2 graphic objects in the screen and assign two bits (open and close status) to them.
The problem could be that you may actually be using a binary tag for your Valve_Status, which can only have 2 values (not 3 as you need).

(rant alert)

I cringe when I see people jumping to using scripts for anything.
There ought to be a big fat warning in WinCC Flexible, telling users to not use scripts unless there is no other way, and then only very sparingly.

(rant finished)

Use the PLC to pack the animation tag based on the sensors. Dont use the HMI for this.
Then use appearance animation that are linked to the animation tag to achieve what you want.