please help with slc 100/150 software

rweaver

i am trying to get the software to print out the ladder logic for the conveyor system at work as they are planing to update the slc150's to the micrologix family. there are lots of these things that are all wired together and i really dont want to have to reinvent the wheel being i have all the programs with i/o descriptors and timer info...
anyway, the software i need is on the ab site at:

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41633

and according to their instructions this should not be copy protected (free due to being obsolite).

i downloaded the files, and ran the install, but it asks for master disk for activation.. any thoughts on where i would obtain this? any help would be appreciated..

the program was written with SLCU

thanks in advance

i tried the pcis software, and it doesnt recognise the icom ladder logic..

i tried the links in post 10 and they are the same as the ones i had found on ab, it still asks for a master disk, it gives a security error and a number to call icom, but that number has been disconnected..

the manufacturer of the conveyor system sent me this screenshot of the software opening page....

i dont have it hosted anywhere, if you can give me your email address, ill send you a copy of the screen shot.. it is 5MB

it says "welcome to slc logistics ver 2.09"

"Early" - this is my normal weekday time and I get messed up if I stay too far from it on the weekends.

I don't think that the PCIS software was done by ICOM.

Note that the download says that the software must be loaded on an OLD DOS computer. Good luck.

thanks, i will try it on the old laptop at work, i think it is running dos 6.0

i am not even sure this software on the ab site is icom, as there is no file named slcu.exe in the install directory..

i can run pcis, but it doesnt recognise the ladder files
it seems like it is looking for an activation for the software.
looks like i may have to just bite the bullet and reinvent the wheel.

If you can, zip and post the files. Maybe someone can help and also print them out for you or convert them to pdf.

If you connect to the controller with PCIS you should be able to save the ladder diagram, although you'll have to recreate your comments. At least you could capture the logic that way.

here are the files..

it would be nice if they could be converted to pdf

with descriptors if at all possible..

if that isnt possible i will probably try connecting to the slc's in the plant..

thanks again in advance!

This may not help but I was able to create some ASCII delimited text files that have the addresses and descriptors using the slc2db.com file. The Addresses are in quotes and are the first entry in each line. Maybe you can connect to the slc150 plc's using the pcis software as Okie suggested in his post #12. That way you could get the unlabeled ladder programs. You could then match the addresses and hand enter the descriptors. Still not the best solution, hopefully you can find a way to activate that old software that is available on the Rockwell/AB website.

thank you very much. if i do find a way to activate the software i will be sure to post it here! i am gonna call rexell today and see what they might be able to do as far as software goes.. who knows, maybe they have a copy of it 2 inches deep in dust they wanna sell lol..