Add In S7

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

I want to add a fixed value"220.2" to a real number "Current_Acum" in S7 314 cpu and palce the result back into the "Current_Acum". I would like to do this on a rising edge of a input.I have tried this and I would expect to see it jump from 0 to 220.2 to 440.4 and so on. Is it that I am looking at it in the wrong form i.e dec, hex etc. I set it to automatic.
I used the ADD real instruction in ladder form.

Any help or pointers would be of great help.:p

Donnchadh K

erm... you've not said what happened.

Counting on a one shot should work, but what are you actually doing and what are you actually seeing?

Click on the ADD_R box, then generate the rising edge and the numbers will be shown (yes it does look a bit messy where the numbers have been displayed in one place then redrawn in another);

addchad.JPG

Hi L D[AR2,P#0.0]

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for not getting back to ygou sooner but I was working on other stuff. I will be on site tomorrow and I will try that.This looks like what I was trying but it did not seem to work.
I will drop you a line tomorrow to update you.

Thanks again