WinCC Flex Pushbutton

Clay B.

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys,

This is probably a simple question (should be anyway). I need to configure some buttons on my Siemens touchscreen. I need them to be momentary and I want them to change states based on the state of a bit. THe part I am fuzzy on is how do you tie a bit tag to the button action.

Example:

When Push Button 1 is pressed B_Gate_Opn_en(m1.0) is on. When released then B_Gate_Opn_en(m1.0) is off. If B_Gate_Opn_End is on then Push Button color changes.

Under events of the button on PRESS set the bit
and on RELEASE reset the bit that makes a momentary - select the function invert bit if you want to toggle or for it to act like a switch. Hope that helps

After the description how it should work, it is not 100% clear how the function must be.
Do you want the tag B_Gate_Opn_en to be on for as long as the operator presses the button, or just on for one PLC scan when the button is pressed, or shall it alternate for every operation of the button ?

For the change of color, use the Appearance animation tied to the tag B_Gate_Opn_End.

On a similar topic.

I wanted to use the selector switch from the library icon. However, there is no section for me to assign the pushbutton action to.

i.e. selector turning on/off an output.

@lostpatrol1.

If you use the Switch from the Tools .. Simple Objects, you just assign a BOOL tag to it. The switch then toggles the tag (duh).

The buttons from the Graphics library may look nice (actually I think they look naff), but they require more work as they are just graphics with no "button functionality" built-in.

Under events of the button on PRESS set the bit
and on RELEASE reset the bit that makes a momentary - select the function invert bit if you want to toggle or for it to act like a switch. Hope that helps

THis is what I finnaly found. I tried the Click but really did not understand how it was supposed to work. Anyway on to bigger problems.

Now when I go to transfer it starts then just dropps outwithout transfering. Ithink the problem is in my laptop so I am loading the software on another computer to check. Not really liking this WinCC Flex so much right now.

Turn the Output Window on.
It will tell you if there is a problem with the project that inhibits transfer.

Had Compling problems. Weird thing though. My computer would lock up when ever it would get a compling fault. Had a local intergrator come in and help me complete the project. He runs his WinCC Flex on a Virtual Machine and his would shut down. We eventually found the complile errors. We found them by doing a rebuild function instead of compile function. The rebuild listed the compile errors and did not cause a shutdown.He was running WIn Flex 2007 and had to completely uninstall it and SQL server before he could complete the install of WinnCC 2008. He installed 2008 because that is what I am working with.

This project has shown me a lot of the quirks when dealing with WinnCC Flex 2008.

Another good one was in the Alarm manager. It did a byte swap on my fault words.

We were sucessful in creating a virtual machine for my older laptop and this made running the WinCC Flex much easier to deal with.

Thanks for everyone's help.