OT: AutoCAD LT newb question

spaceacealpha

I've been putting along with ACad for years and doing fine but I seem to have an odd issue on my copy/paste feature. When I cut or copy an object on the document and I paste it, the object flings a half mile over to the right. I have to double click my center mouse button to show all and drag it back. What have a done?

I see what your talking about but I think I've done something horrendous to the drawing itself. Whats worse is its my 'master' layout. Take a look at the attachment. I copied in just fine using the method you described. But when I paste, even to original point it does that wacky off field thing. The object that pasted is on the far right and the blue square is the objects origin point. And yes, that is a full size 11x17 drawing! šŸ”Ø

Have you tried to Explode the object first?

This is one of the best PLC forums on the net.
OK maybe it is the best, :nodi:

I think that www.cadtutor.net is a great Cad forum.
Those guys can probably tell you exactly what is happening, and what to do.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is pretty wacky... :unsure:

Wish I had an answer for you. On the picture that you posted, did you use 'copy with basepoint', or just 'regular' copy? Also, are you copying a block? I'm thinking blocks might reference off the 0,0 point.

šŸ»

-Eric

I'm using AutoCad Electrical and the same thing happens to me every time I insert a section of din rail from the panel components list. I always have to zoom to extents, and low and behold there is my din rail way out in the boonies. I have no clue how to fix this. I've just gotten use to it. :confused:

I suspect that you have different limits on the drawing you are coping from and on the drawing where you are pasting. Try to make the same drawing limits in source drawing and destination drawing.

PaulB.