RSLogix 500 Licenseing help

Andrew_W

I'm trying to transfer my RSLogix 500 license over to my mew laptop. I can not figure out how to, so far I have tried Re-hosting it using Factory talk activation, but the license for 500 is grayed out and will not allow me to re-host it. I then tried using the "move activation utility" to no avail? is there any other way to move it?:unsure:

Thanks for your help!

Andrew

Andrew,

when transferring licenses from one pc to the next there is an order to do things.

on the old pc.
run the factory talk activacion tool, click on the rehost activations tab, click on the product to rehost, click on the rehost icon for the rehost code. write this code down!! failure to do so prevents you from going to the next step. also, from this point on, your old pc no longer has a license.

goto the ab website and goto the activations section.
enter in the host id of the new pc, product key, and the rehost code from the old pc. then get the license file as always.

without that information, you must contact your local distributor and discuss your situation.

you will need the product serial number, product code, when you bought the software, and 1 or 2 other pieces of
information.

hope this helps,
james

You do not say which version you are using etc.
I have just moved 500 + 5000 + RS32ME to my new laptop using a usb stick, to move activations use emovecf to transfer to usb stick (note copy emovecf & emovew to a fat32 formatted stick )then move the licences from usb stick to new laptop using emovew.
This is for the older activation type of course.