Honeywell 9000 series, help deciphering cross-reference symbols?

kdcui

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm upgrading a Honeywell PLC to PLC5 and I am trying to decipher some symbols in the printout. I can't figure out what some of these are...

So have have your standard NO (XIC) -| |-
NC (XIO) -|/|-

but I am also seeing these:

-|/\|-

-|\/|-

I can't for the life of me figure them out. Are either of them One shots of some sort?

-|/\|- is Transition ON and -|\/|- is Transition OFF.

In other words, they are two different types of One-Shots.

Thank you!

Is there a reference manual online somewhere where I might be able to view to rest of the instruction symbols? I haven't been able to find anything.

I was wrong in my first post: we are using a SLC500.

As far as I know my company in general doesn't do much Honeywell programming. That's not to say it is completely out of the question though.

As to why we are going SLC...I'm not 100% certain (I didn't spec out the project) but I think it has to do with being consistent with what are in the other 2 "identical" systems that already use a SLC.

I hear Rockwell is driving the price up on the SLCs / PLC5s in order to force people to migrate to the Compact / Control Logix platforms.

In any case, what are the Hybrid controllers like and how do they compare to the Rockwell platforms (which is what I mainly use)?

Thanks for the link to the scan...Funny, I had such a hard time navigating on the Honeywell site...

Last edited:
The HC900 programming is block only (like the CCC in the Series 9000). I've programmed them all and it's the one I like the best.

Again, just my bias showing through. Our Parent company is a Honeywell distributor, but I'd use it anyway.

BTW, the Honeywell Series 9000 Hybrid Controller is an Honeywell IPC-620 PLC with a Loop processor added.