TI505 Profibus DP to AB 1794-APBDPV1

glesniak

Does anyone have any experience connecting a TI545 to AB 1794-APBDPV1 Flex I/O Profibus interface? I am getting communication errors when I try to interface the PLC to the I/O. The rack consists of a 1794-APBDPV1 and two 1794-IE8 modules. Both the status light and comm light is flashing red.

Configuration of the ComProfibus configuration seemed easy enough and the addition to the PLC program was not an issue. The existing I/O on the network is working fine although they are Siemens ET200M I/O.

Are there any tricks one of you may have picked up to make this setup work?

I have used that combination in the past with minimal problems. Its been awhile but a couple of things come to mind. Are the thumb wheel switches on the Flex I/O module set to the correct Profibus address? Is this node on the end of the Profibus network? If it is do you have it terminated with an active termination? I recall once having an issue when the 1794 was on the end of the network run. I changed it to the middle of the run and it was fine. I also only ran the Profibus at 3MB. Does the Profibus status in Workshop show that node as online or offline.