Filterind IP adress on 1761 NET ENI device

PACMAN

Hello everybody,
I learn so much on this forum...

My question is : is there a way to filter incoming IP address on a net eni device ? in order to allow only wanted address ?

Thanks to all.

Vince

Where would the unwanted IP address be coming from?

Why would you want to filter it out? Is the increased traffic causing collisions?

Are you doing this for security reasons?

The reason why i'd like to do that is to give to the HMI's computers a kind of priority in interrogating a plc and let a limited access to the other computers (data loggers, or programming pc...).
Thanks for your answers ;-)

You have to use managed ethernet switch as DavidV suggested. The task of the switch - is to make a communication map and direct the traffic. Make sure IGMP snooping is turned ON