Square D, SY/MAX Plcs, Mod. 500

fredjohns

I appreciate everyones help so far on this problem. I have some machines that came in with Square D, SY/MAX Plcs, Mod. 500 PLC's and no backup copies of the programs that are loaded in them. I orderd a communications cable from Scneider Electrica and got a copy of the SFW50 programming software but was never able to communicate. Today the plant where the machines came from sent a couple files that tyey said shoujld be the programming software although they never tried them. The files contained the SFW375 prgrom and once I installed them in a old dos computer I have in the shop and used the cable I had previously purchased, I was hold to connect and go online with the PLC with no problem.

I was not able to find a user manual for the SFW375 software but was able to find one for the SFW374 software and from looking at it quickly looks like almost the same thing as far as the keys and screens go.

All I want to do is make a copy of the program that is installed in each machine just in case there is a problem down the line. I am not looking to do any programming or make any changes. Before I sit down and read the 444 page SFW374 manual, does anyone have any quick instructions on how to go about makeing a copy of all the information in the plc in casae i would need to reload it in the future. Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Fred Johns
Day Timer, Inc.