omron usb to serial

Krypton1592

has any one went online with a omron c200hs plc using a usb to serial adaptor (belkin f5u409). i can go onlin with Allen Bradly plc, HMI's, cuttler Hammer plc's. but omron is not recognized
thanks

Last edited:
Not a C200HS but I went on line with a Omron and a Keyspan... I would think that the Belkin would work fine.

Actually I had a customer that was unable to connect with the Belkin unit to Omron products.

This has been an active topic in this forum. It appears to be a combination of chipsets, computer, adapter and device that determine if it will work or not.

As suggested above, I would try the Keyspan unit (I use one).

It seems to be about the most reliable and consistant so far.

Hope this will help.

I was able to get that particular converter to "SORT" of work to Omron with Vista and a Vista driver I downloaded from the Belkin website.
The problem I had was that the damn thing kept losing communications and I woulkd have to reboot the laptop to get comms back for a maximum of 5 minutes before it failed again.
The Omron one is not cheap but it does work faultlessly with everything I have tried it with.