Help.. ABB AC500

Saade

Hi everybody.. I am new to this forum and I am gonna be needing alot of help I hope you guys can take a little time out to answer a few of my querires.. So here it goes..
Has any1 out there used the ABB AC500 system? Is there some way I can operate more than 5 decenteralized I/O modules say 32? I did tht over the AB SLC 500 system using multiple remote I/O adapters over ControlNet.. My I/Os are not tht big in number just remote.. They'r basically just a couple of drives spread over a solar farm. Any1 care to help out the new guy? :oops:

Hello, To be honest I cannot see a problem here. What kind of fieldbus are you going to use? With AC500 you can use: Profibus DP, DeviceNet or CANopen but there is a need to buy a communication processor (fieldbus master). All AC500 CPUs by default have on board: 2x RS485/232 with Modbus and ABB CS31 fieldbus. BR. Michal

thank you michal for the reply.. and after goin through the abb catalog i realized how lame tht question was.. I was just readinng about the controller and it said upto 7 I/O modules while it meant on the same chasis i thought it meant including remote I/Os.. but thanks anyways appriciate it :)

My problem is that i need to comunicate a plc micrologix 1500 with a pc via ethernet, i tried with the net-eni and i got it but the software that i want to use in the pc needs to an ip address and a "port number" and the net-eni can't be programed with port number, only ip address, i try to find other devices to do it but all of them say "rs-232 to ehternet coverter". Can i use it to do this?
bernie_carlton said:
You don't address your question to a particular person. Just start a new thread and post your question.

The software with i want to comunicat i is server simulator made on visual basic using the winsock and this need the port number, or an other example is the hyperterminal, this program needs the port number too.