Analog input filtered value

riouxhugo

Hello,

I am trying to filter an analog input and would like to validate my calculation:

A-B 1746-NI8 (Analog 8 Channel Input - Class 3)
Input Type: 4 to 20 mA
Filter Frequency: 50 Hz
Data Format: EU

Lag Calculation
Delta Time = Delta Time + (S:35 / 1000.0)
Lag Parameter = 0.1

Analog Input Filtered Value =
[( Lag Parameter * Previous Filtered Output Value ) + ( Delta Time * Characterized Value )] / ( Delta Time + Lag Parameter )

Thank you taking the time to check and comments.

Regards,

Hugo

Here's another one.

FV=FV+C(NV-FV)
Where:
FV= Filtered value
C= constant (range 0-1) The smaller the number the more dampening.
NV= New Value

Also the card has its own filter which can be configured. See PDF below

Last edited:
Thanks Mickey for this info. This is very valuable for me... because I want to know as much as possible concerning PLC programming.

Hugo