NT30C error

rowens

i have a machine that has been in service for 12 years. it consists of a CQM1 and an NT30C. the NT30C has a message "connecting to host". i have 24 voltdc to the terminals. the wire for communication has been disconnected and reinstalled. the CQM1 plc is in run mode. the battery in the display checks normal. i do not have the program or software.

any suggestions.

That message indicates that the unit is ok.
The problem is it can not connect to the CQM1.

You need to verify the port settings on both the CQM1 and the NT30.

You can check and change the NT30 by going into the menu.
Touch two opposite corners of the display, then work through the menu. Been a long time so I will not attempt to walk through it.
Typically setting would be Host Link or NT Link.

Comm port on CQM1 will also need to be set the same way.

Hope this will help.

thanks.i had gotten into the menu to check the battery level.
the setting choices for com is rs232 or 485. it is set to rs232 baud 9600.
the screen now has the original graphics but locks up after a moment or two or more(varies).
this tells me it is communicating at least most of the time.
we even changed the com cable to test.

if you think of anything else please send it.

There should be another screen that allows you to set the protocol for the port.
Settings should be something like Host Link, None, Barcode, NT Link.
I think it is a button you push from the screen setting the baud rate, but not sure.

Hope this helps.

we have now had the machine to actually go into run and cycle product for a few minutes. the screen is locking up and machine stops.this is varied in time. it may do it while operating the screen functions or while not touching it.

no buttons on the touch screen will function until power is turned off and recycled.

if the machine runs(run command comes from screen button)should i say that baud is correct and it is communicating.would this not be a correct assumption?
running 9600 baud

the screen is beeping and green screen run light flashes while it is working and then buzzes continous and run light is on solid when it locks up.
any suggestions?
OEM is no help. their new programmer is not familiar with Omron.