Siemens PLC 555-1106 (Texas Instruments)

an 1106 has 1856K - beyond that, you as a user allocate how that memory is used.

Tedious is an understatement!!!

Hmmmm 1856K... ok... well here's the problem... I'm putting two lasers onto my profibus network... it takes the first no prob... but when I add the second... It gives me a memory error... Exceeds Memory Allocation.

Tedious is an understatement!!!

Hmmmm 1856K... ok... well here's the problem... I'm putting two lasers onto my profibus network... it takes the first no prob... but when I add the second... It gives me a memory error... Exceeds Memory Allocation.

That's odd....You are probably using WX/WY addresses to map the profibus I/O. Just make sure the I/O addresses you assign when you merge the 2bf binary file doesn't exceed the I/O memory allocated for the WX/WY addresses which is 1 to 8193 for the 1106.

If you want, e-mail me the FSS file and COM profibus pb5 file (as well as the GSD file for the laser) and I can take a look. PM me for the e-mail addy.