allen bradley panelview component display

irondesk40

Has anyone used one of these, if so what do you think.
Got a flyer on it from distributor. They stressd that there was no need to purchase software that it was built into the display.

Programming is very slow. The early releases were buggy with lockups. We decided not to invest any more time in these as our needs change constantly.

Though 'free' software may entice more than the above problems.

We used one awhile back on a very quick, low-budget project. It worked ok - though very limited. Seems like there was a firmware issue, too, that got resolved after it was identified.

One thing to remember is that it doesn't work (nicely) for the Logix platform. It's really designed for SLC.

Don't know how many we'll use in the future, but it was nice for a quick-n-dirty test with no budget...

I sell a trainer that has one... they are good, but they are a little on the slow side to program (like Bernie said), the good thing is you do not need software... they are programmed via your web browser, so you open up (I use Fire Fox) and type in the IP address it hooks up and you start programming

I like the Red Lion 'K' series if you are looking for a low cost HMI... the Red Lion is color but cost a few dollars more, but they look nice :)