Synchronous TTL outputs

GarnetHoyes

Hi,
My first post here !. I have a Allan Bradley ControlLogix 1756-OG16 TTL ouput module but I need the outputs synchronized to within 100nS. Is it possible with these modules ?

Last edited:
Huh?
The switching time for those modules is measured in microseconds, from 45us (absolute minimum, off to on) to 700us (absolute maximum, on to off).

You need to be looking at another type of solution, probably along the lines of a PLA/PLGA based device, or dedicated microprocessor hardware to achieve 100ns switching times.

I can't think of any Logix hardware that will run with a guaranteed sync time, except perhaps a motion module.

OK. I'm not very familiar with PLCs. So the outputs cannot occur at the same time right (within sub microsec time)? I will build a hardware interface buffer.