Miniweb

HenkieD

Hi All,

I'm playing around with remote access for a TP177B.
When I try to run miniweb it doesn't want to start (c:\program files\siemens\wincc flex runtime 2008\miniweb.exe)
Am I missing something.
Thanks.

It depends on if you have the TP177B Blue mode or the TP177B Color.
There is as far as I know, no remote options for the TP177B Blue mode, whereas TP177B Color do have the Smartaccess and Smartservice options.
You have to enable the Smartaccess and/or Smartservice in the Flex project, and install the necessary license on the panel.

It's a TP177B Color, and for now, for testing purpose, I want to access it from my laptop, but the miniweb app doesn't want to startup om my laptop.

Do you mean you want to simulate the TP177B application with WinCC Flex RT ?
Or do you mean that you have a TP177B connected to the laptop, and you want to test smartaccess or smartservice ?

Then you have to do what I wrote before:
You have to enable the Smartaccess and/or Smartservice in the Flex project, and install the necessary license on the panel.
edit: I do not know if smartaccess or smartservice will run in demo mode if you do not install a license.

With smartservice, another HMI RT can operate the TP177B remotely.
This could for example be a PC RT running on your laptop.

With smartaccess, the TP177B becomes a webserver, and certain operations can be performed remotely by means of a standard webbrowser.