lights

mr_robot

now I had my teacher tell me that if I add a XIO in another rung with another output it would change. the timing of when each lights would turn on. sorry if its not said right. but when i added it the lights would flash one on and off the other on and off. i want to get it to do that for all 7 lights. is there a way to do that like how i have it.

Last edited:
Do you understand from the ladder how your two lights (O:0/0 and O:0/1) are being turned on opposite each other? Do you see that this is caused by the NO or NC state of the contact?

If a program had multiple lights turning on at various times changing the type of the contacts which turn them on will definately change thier order of lighting. You can experiment and try. Watch the results. More importantly, before you make a change write down what you expect to see after the change. Then verify after making the change. Keep at this until you can accurately predict the change before you run the program.

If you cannot predict the results of a change then you are not learning programming. Start simple, as the ladder you posted for this question, and slowly get more complex.