Moeller easy relay 512 - need some help

I bought a moller easy 512 plc, in hopes of using it to be able to automate 3 pumps. Problem is how do I "program" this plc to do what I want, "very basic ladder schmatic" such as: I have 3 pumps, I want 3 conditions to be met before pump#1 starts: a.)LSS: low suction shutdown b.)HS: high system c.)LS: low system then pump#1 comes online @75psi w delay timer of 5 sec then a minimum run timer of 5minutes, now if pump#1 senses a pressure drops to 70psi pump#2 kicks on with 5 sec delay and minimum run time of 2 1/2 min, if pump#2 drops to 65psi then pump#3 kicks on with 5 sec dealy and minimum run time of 1 1/2 minutes.

Need alarms if low suction, or high system, or low system failure w/reset function. How do I get this to tell the PLC to do this?o_O

I can upload my rough laddy drawing if that would help....

Steve

Last edited:
ladder.jpg

Here is part of your system, very roughly done as I haven't set the type or time range for the timers but hopefully it will get you started. If you look at the program and compare it with your drawing you will find that they pretty much match. One problem is that your drawing shows 3 motors (3 outputs) and 3 indicators (another 3 outputs), the Easy 512 only has 4 outputs total. You could scrub the fault indicators and have the Easy put a fault message on its screen. And finally make sure design a safe system.

Bryan

Last edited:
Hey this is awesome! I got the demo of the software, was wondering if possibly you could help me out with the "real" verison? I got several clients interested in just this one design for this plc. if u want you can also e-mail me at [email protected].

get back with me Bryan,

thanks,

Steve

Last edited:
Hey this is awesome! I got the demo of the software, was wondering if possibly you could help me out with the "real" verison? I got several clients interested in just this one design for this plc. if u want you can also e-mail me at [email protected].

get back with me Bryan,

thanks,

Steve
Here's a link to software that is the Rockwell's version (private label branded Moeller) that is free.It is the standard version, not the Pro version. The Display programming is not included. It is in the Pro version.
Link:
http://www.ab.com/programmablecontrol/plc/pico/get/PicoSoft_V6.22.zip

Search this site for picosoft to get some more information.

Last edited:
How and where do I implement the type and time of the timers Bryan? I got the values I need but where does it plug in at? I got a program called Picosoft I am using should be able to download this program to the plc using a easy soft usb cable right??

You could scrub the fault indicators and have the Easy put a fault message on its screen? How would I put this into the program with type or time range for the timers ??

How and where do I implement the type and time of the timers Bryan? I got the values I need but where does it plug in at?
Click on the coil or contact for a timer, at the bottom of the screen you should see 'Circuit Diagram Element' and 'Parameters' on tabs, click on the Parameters tab to enter details for the timer, including Mode and Time Range. Watch the time range, you can have 'seconds and milliseconds', 'minutes and seconds' or 'hours and minutes'.

I got a program called Picosoft I am using should be able to download this program to the plc using a easy soft usb cable right??
I have only ever used the Moeller software so I don't know if Picosoft can do that, my guess would be, not.
You could scrub the fault indicators and have the Easy put a fault message on its screen?
When in 'Circuit Diagram' mode (see bottom left of screen) you drag 'Text Display' in to the circuit as a coil. Click on parameters to set what text you want to display when the coil is energised. Use Text Entry and set Preview On for a clear picture of what you are doing.

When you have entered your program go to bottom left of screen and click on Simulation to test the program before downloading to the Easy. This way you can make all you mistakes before you actually have pumps that may run unexpectedly.

Don't forget that folks are in different time zones here so instant answers can take a bit longer. And finally though I am happy to help don't forget to read the Moeller Easy programming manual!!!!!!

Bryan