siemens microbox vpn remote access

sick_boy

Hi all,

I have a microboxes427b down here with WinAC and WinCC runtime, this device has two ethernet cards: one is reserved for profinet network (192.168.1.1), the other is free for the ethernet network (192.168.248.161). Both cards are connected to a switch then to a local network, where a PC and a server are also connected. So far no problem, trivial set-up.
From the PC (192.128.248.151) I can download both, S7 and WinCC, to the microboxe without changing anything on my IP address.
Now, like always, I'm trying to do the same with my Laptop and remote (it's not to play and will soon be a "must have" !). For this I have a vpn access (IP 192.168.248.6) via the server and port 102 is open. I can download WinCC but no way to reach the microbox. Can someone emit me some suggestions ?!!

Thank you and have all a nice week-end

I am no kind of expert on any of this. My first check would be, can you access the devices if your laptop is connected directly to the 192.168.248.xxx network? When you say you cannot reach the microbox, what diagnostic tools have you tried? Are they set up to respond to 'pings', do they respond to 'pings'.

Bryan

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for your answer.
I'm not expert neither. What I did is, I tried with the Pc: plugged on the local network (the 248), it's working like I described it; then I plugged it to the internet and accessed my network (248) via the server/VPN and then it's the same, I can download WinCC but not S7 (nobody online); I can ping the 161 from outside and inside, and for 1 I can ping it from inside but of course I have to set the Pc's IP on the same subnet. So probably the server screws and it should not be that difficult to make this working... just need some additional brains !