Citect Integration With KEPware

rjcross79

Hello everyone,

I am integrating 6 Johnson Controls Metasys NCE's (BACnet)over a VPN. I am currently bringing them into a KEPware server to Convert them into OPC tags.

I am then using a pre-written citect project to display the values.
I am kind of new to citect, but I can get the BACnet points into other OPC clients. However, citect doesnt seem to want to connect to the kepware Server.

I think I may be missing something simple in the Citect I/O configs.

If someone is familiar with this type of integration using citect, any tips would be extremely helpful.

Thanks
-Rick

Run 'Express Wizard' under 'Communication' menu in your Project editor and then choose your IOserver, IO Device and then the OPC Client. In the next page give the correct text for Kepware OPC server.

Citect can work as OPC server as well as OPC client. In this case, choose the OPC Client driver ( OPC Foundation>OPC DA Client> OPC )

Citect now have their own BACnet OPC server available - have had for some time.
I have used Cimetrics in the past - the Citect one is a very good price. Just about to use it on a job.