pricing info?

ozzy666

hello can anybody help me im wanting to purchase a siemens field pg but cant find any pricing inf ?

does anyone know a guide price
thx
:)

I can tell you that you are looking at 5K (maybe 3K depening), somewhere between those numbers.

I would look at buying a laptop and getting the software that is necessary, Siemens is not that bad on the software. The connection devicws..ie pcmcia card etc may cost but I am sure the overall cost will be less than a PG.

Here are a couple of tips, if you are on a budget:

If you only need to program S7-300 (not S7-400), and you do not have to set up any advanced network options, then get SETP7 "lite". It only a third of the price of STEP7 "basis".

Get the MPI/Profibus cable with a serial converter or USB converter.
Its less than half the price of the PCMCIA cards, and you can use them in a stationary PC as well as a laptop.

You dont need a memory card "burner". You can write the programs to the memory cards when they are inserted in the CPU while you are online.

If you absolutely MUST own a "field PG", then contact your local Siemens dealer and ask if they have a demo model or something that they want to get rid of at a reasonable price. Chances are pretty good that they have.

comparison in Finland

Siemens Lifebook C-1020 1 pcs P4 1,7 GHz,256Mb,20Gb: 1571€
STEP 7 + SCL 1 pcs 6ES7 810-5CC06-0YE0: 2500€
MPI/Serial-converter 1 pcs around: 400€

prize: 4471 €

Siemens FIELD PG 1 pcs 6ES7 810-5CC06-0YE0 6400 €