E Designer protection ???

exiled

Hi folks, this is for you Mitsi/Beijers guys.

I have been asked to modify a Beijers E700 HMI. Sounds simple! I have sucked out the program (this is fully working on the machine).

This is connected to a Mitsubishi Fx2n plc.
Now the company that built the machine WILL NOT give us the keyword for the PLC program.
Ok I can live with that if I have to.

Now back to the HMI, the program was originally written with v7.00 I have tried to open it with V7.31 & V7.5 the first few blocks are there to open/view but many of the others just crashes E Designer. I have tried different versions and different PCs.

As they are so secretive with their Plc code, is it possible that they have protected their Hmi code as well?

Is this possible with e designer?

Try with v6.31 - V7 on doesn't go well with E terminals other than 1000's.

Usually 6.31 is included with the CD on the newer versions.

I take it you know about Ian Sullivan's work around ;)

Last edited:
i will load 6.3 but i must admit, i have just uploaded a program created with V7.5 to a E600 and it works fine.

Can you run multiple versions on the same pc?

Can you run multiple versions on the same pc?
Never had a problem.

Version wise - Mitsubishi service advised me to stick with the older software when i had problems - maybe the newer versions have corrected the issue?