slc5/04 communication problem

jugenzhu1963

Hi,guys
I got a problem with slc 5/04. Here is what happening.We have a machine with slc 5/04 and pv600. The slc 5/04 communicates with pv600 on DH+ network. I use to commnicate the slc5/04 using channel 0.Because I can not see pv600. So I setup DF1 to DH+ passthru. It works. I can see pv600 and upload the program. But at the same time I can not communicate with slc5/04 even I can see slc 5/04 in Rslinx. I try to change back to old setting. Because I lost communicating with slc 5/04. I can do nothing now. Does anybody knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks very much.

What were the old settings? What did you change?
What happens if you click autoconfigure in RSLinx?

Thanks for your reply. I changed s:34/0 from 0 to 1 s:34/5 from 0 to 1. I didn't change anything else. The channel settings are same. I change back the S file. But I can not download to the plc due to communication problem.

To be clear, are you saying that RSLinx will not connect to the SLC?
Or an error when trying to download?

I can see plc in rslinx.but when i try to download an error was pop up "no respose from processor at selected path/node".also the light on rs232 port not on. when i hit the autoconfig button in rslinx the message is "unable to verify settings due to a NAK".

Be certain that the Device Type in your RSLinx driver configuration is "SLC-Ch0/Micro/PanelView" and not "1770-KF2/1785-KE".

It is possible that you did not correctly change back the S-file bits, so you may have to return the controller to defaults (see the User Manual, Knowledgebase, or countless threads on this forum).

Ok try to go online with the SLC. Open Rslogix500, open the program for this SLC. Then click on comm, then Who Active go online, select the processor then click go online. If you get online save the project. This should set the path allowing you to then download.

"Comms" - "Who Active" pick your PLC...then, do what you are trying to do (upload, download, go online, etc)...beats the shortcuts every time. Good advice, for sure.