Messaging in RS logix

Hi

I am using MSG instruction for reading and writing datas between two compact logix plcs. Its working fine.

I have configured the communication path of the controller in the IO configuration itself, so this makes easy for Message Path Browser.

Is there is anyother way to enter the communication path without configuring the controller in IO configuration. For example,(1, 0, 2, 42, 1, 3,)

I need what are the required parameter to be entered in proper syntax.

All of my communications are under ethernet only.

The ideal way of communicating between two logix platform PLC's is Produced/Consumed tags. No message instructions required.

When you create a tag, you will notice a drop down that is labeled "type". There you can select whether a tag is the producer or consumer.

I can use produced/consumed. I donot want to read the tags all the time, so only i gone for messaging and whenever necessary i will read the data from messaging.