Help! Serious last minute

In all of my wisdom I havE volunteered to do a presentation on the development, impact and use of plcs in industry. This would normally be a good fun thing to put together. However I'm at university all day today and barely have time to eat let alone put together a presentation. This is a cry fr help from an over keen person.
Any help would save me!!

Cheers.

Bulletpoints:

Programming rather than hardwiring.
Distributed i/o in stead of centralised i/o.
Integral diagnostics.
Much higher up time.
Far less maintenance.
Safety will be included in the PLC system.
Integration with MES and WWW.
Traceability in combination with a SCADA, maybe with FDA approval. (added)
IEC61131-3 is becoming defacto standard for programming.
There is no single bus-standard that dominate, and there will not be one for a long time to come.
IPCs with Windows CE or Windows XP Embedded are starting to make an impact.

A good presentation takes many days to put together.
However, I can always wing it if I can just talk and sketch on a white-board.

Last edited:
I'd add reliability. Much better than Bespoke (Home made) hardware. And cheaper

Maintainability. If the card fails, swap it.

Fault finding. As Jesper says, built in diagnostics, but also some nice leds for our fitters to look at.

Simple to modify. Ah, we don't want it to work like that, we want it to do this!

I worked a in a brewery and we filled on old omron plc up with beer. Took the cards out, WASHED them in the sink and put them in the boiler house for a couple of hours!

Good as new.

Steal and edit.

Google search for
"programmable logic controller" history
"programmable logic controller" .ppt

some hits:

18 page pdf with some line graphics
http://www.eod.gvsu.edu/~jackh/books/plcs/chapters/plc_intro.pdf

web page with graphics:
http://www.amci.com/tutorials/tutorials-what-is-programmable-logic-controller.asp

"programmable logic controller" history .ppt
http://www.scribd.com/doc/3006512/PROGRAMMABLE-LOGIC-CONTROLLERS

Find something close, delete the stuff you don't want and ad lib

My kids tell me it's like improv theater.

The pdf's of power points will usually show up one page at a time if the displayed size in the pdf reader is adjusted (sized) properly.

Dan

I worked a in a brewery and we filled on old omron plc up with beer. Took the cards out, WASHED them in the sink and put them in the boiler house for a couple of hours!

Good as new.

To each their own, I guess.

But it sure seems like alcohol abuse to me...

I have ended up part stealing and part creating. Thanks for all of the advice and help, really made it easier. Despite that I'm still going to be sleep deprived and brain dead when doing this presentation. Should be good!!

Thanks again

In all of my wisdom I havE volunteered to do a presentation on the development, impact and use of plcs in industry. This would normally be a good fun thing to put together. However I'm at university all day today and barely have time to eat let alone put together a presentation. This is a cry fr help from an over keen person.
Any help would save me!!

Cheers.

Hi!

How was your presentation. I'm about to do the same but just a presentation on the basics of PLC where in fact, I am indeed still a beginner on this. This is kinda a challenge. How waas yours?

Sincerely,

sheryl - Philippines