SLC5/03 questions...

Lou48314

Hi all.
It has been a while since I have worked with the SLC5/03 CPU and I have a couple questions...
I am installing this CPU into a simulator and trying to communicate using the RS232 port. I have a standard AB CP3 cable that I used to talk to a SLC5/04 before.

Right now, I have a slowly blinking DH485 LED, a fast flashing FLT LED and no RS232 LED. What status should my LEDs have?

I did have a slowly blinking RS232 LED before as well. I am not sure what happened as I am not familiar with the SLC CPUs as much as I am with the CLx CPUs.

What do I need to do to get this CPU to talk using RS232?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

See below for a how -to to get connected. Also if this is a used controller you might want to reset it to factory default ( clears memory)
If you do reset it make sure you remove the memory module if it has one.

Do you have software? You will need RSLogix500 ( programming software) and RSLinx ( communication software)

You Might Want To Add Logic, Unconditional Rung, Unlatch For S:2/15,
Comms Servicing Selection. This Should Prevent Software
Configuration From Changing Your CH-0 & CH-1 Status,Leaving Both
Ports/CH's Open All The Time and Preventing You From Setting/Preforming
Your SLC Back To Factory Defaults.
If Going To Use DH485 [AB_PIC-1 Driver Add, Unconditional Rung,
SVC.