UL Control Panel Required?

Bteachman

I ran into an issue on a line install where the inspector said only UL approved control panels were allowed in this city. All parts were UL approved, I had the SCR rating, build to NPFA standards, but there was no UL logo.

I would like to not run into this problem again. Is there a list or database out there that says what states require UL panels?

I tried UL's website and a Google search with no luck.

This can be a city county or state requirement where they have adopted NEC. Here in Washington the state has its own rendition which applies to all within state and then locals can or not adopt NEC as they choose.

Regardless it is not just a UL sticker nor do you have to have UL inspect - you can hire local inspector who has all the paper to do it for you - find out who your "authority having jurisdiction" will accept for this.

The no UL sticker is a favorite trick to pull on homeowner installs which are legal in Wash. So far I have been lucky - I forget a few nailing plates and some other easy to fix stuff for the inspector to find.

Dan Bentler