RSView32 v6.20.49 Upgrade

ieseng

Hi All,
I have limited experience with RSView and am loking for some help.
I have an RSView32 v6.20.49 and I have been asked to upgrade it. Can someone tell me what is the current latest version and if there is a direct upgrade path / method?

Many thanks in advance,

I think the latest is 7.5. All I've ever done to upgrade is to install the new version and open the project with the new version. In the past, it has automatically upgraded the application when doing that. I haven't done this with version 7 yet. I can tell you this...if you have a version 7 application and you try to add screens or something created in an older version...you will have endless problems. So, if you upgrade and need to modify later...make sure the mods are done in the same version of the software that you are using for runtime. See the AB website for more info. Good luck!

I think the latest is 7.5. All I've ever done to upgrade is to install the new version and open the project with the new version. In the past, it has automatically upgraded the application when doing that. I haven't done this with version 7 yet. I can tell you this...if you have a version 7 application and you try to add screens or something created in an older version...you will have endless problems. So, if you upgrade and need to modify later...make sure the mods are done in the same version of the software that you are using for runtime. See the AB website for more info. Good luck!

Thanks for your help. I hope it is a simple as this :)

Go to the Rockwell site and check the RSView software matrix to make sure your computer can run the latest software .
It's a brand new XP Pro PC so I'm sure it will be fine :)

The opening of the project should work the same way as long as you are opening an older application in a newer version of RSView32. Your Rockwell dealer should be able to tell you exactly which upgrade to buy.

Check your compatibility/requirements to upgrade RSLinx also. And are there any remote applications/clients that connect to this? Using RSView32 ADC?

Not that I know of, they have a standalone PC with the RSView v6.20.49 connected to a 504 using DH+, so I'll be using a PKTX card. The RSLinx is v2.10.118 so Im not sure if that needs an update. I'm awaiting a call back from our Rockwell Rep so hopefully he can tell me if I need to upgrade this or not.