Problem in DT name in Eplan

Hitu_hari_om

Hello friends,

I have one problem in Eplan drawing.

when i duplicate or insert and device/DT then its tag name shows - (called prefix) another character.
example: Q1 then duplicate > -Q2
i want to remove this - .

i try to remove it through offline numbring settings. then also it not remove.

by deafult it take -. how to remove that.
Pls tell me.

Your Loving Friend
Hitesh
o_O

Are you using P8?
If so
Options> Settings
Projects> yourprojectname> Devices> General

Un-check each item you don't want the preceding sign

This is only for create main function DT. but when i create duplicate DT which has without main function. then it shows prefix ?.
example : K1 (coil is main function) > duplicate then K2. this i try after u tell me. thanks for this.

but when i create duplicate of its (K1) NO contacts then it shows ?K1, ?K2, ?K3....

Please tell me how remove this.

Regards Hearty
Thanks..
Hitesh

This is only for create main function DT. but when i create duplicate DT which has without main function. then it shows prefix ?.
example : K1 (coil is main function) > duplicate then K2. this i try after u tell me. thanks for this.

but when i create duplicate of its (K1) NO contacts then it shows ?K1, ?K2, ?K3....

Please tell me how remove this.

Regards Hearty
Thanks..
Hitesh

Not sure about this one?

The only time I get the ? is if I insert a coil on to the drawing and then insert a contact. I've always assumed the ? was asking me what coil to assign the contact to?

I don't normally insert contacts of a relay this way. After I've inserted a coil I drag its contacts from the device navigator. Or insert a part (alt Ins) select your relay from the parts list, after you've placed the coil on the drawing it automatically selects the contact for placement.

thank you very much.
i get it.

i have another query and i had already post my query in forum.
Sub : - " import BOM in Eplan".

i want to import BOM.xls. I want to get this sample format which is except or understand eplan. Eplan is understand .csv or .xml file.

I try to get this .csv or .xml format through Bill of Material's export function. but it is not understandable and it has many row and columns and mixeup.

i want to get only
Sr Tag Description Part/Type Model Quantity
No. Name No. No.

Regards
Thanks
Hitesh

Never had to this I'm afraid.
I have noticed however, when you get the export parts dialog box up, the file type combo box at the top contains is a list of configuration files. If you open up the configuration files you may be able to edit them to suit your needs?

Like I said I've never had to do this but I did I would:

first export the parts db so you get the correct format
Utilities>Parts>Management
Extras > Export

Once you've exported the current parts database copy your BOM in to the correct columns of the exported csv.

Then chose
Extras > Import

select the same file type you used when exporting then click OK?

Hi,
no, i m not saying Part Database import & export.
I want to import my BOM in Bill Of Materials. Bcoz this is shortcut way to use all BOM' list.

This is shortcut way and very easy to use our BOM. It has sample format (column, Row setting format) and make your own BOM save as in this type of format then improt. and choose/place one by one part in form.

So i want get this format which has complete arrangment of column and row that is understand Eplan.