S7 200 Modbus

nehe bhimaji

Dear All
Can any one help me for modbus communication between
S7 200 CPU 224XP and PID temperature controller having serial port.My aim is only write temperature SP and read Act Temperature
What I have do
1. Connect temperature controller to PLC port 0

as
PLC PORT Pin Temp Controller
3---------------------------------> RS 485 (N)
8---------------------------------> RS 485 (P)

But now i am confused for

CPU 224 XP configure as Modbus master or slave mode?

Pls help me for the task
Also if anybody has sample project pls send

I have Modbus library installed with Microwin 4.0 SP5

Here is attache temperature controller manual

On the PID500 controller side,

Holding Tegisters will have the setpoint and the process variable. Holding registers are in the 4xxxx address range. The document doesn't show the leading 4, but it's 'understood'.

Holding register address 40021 appears to have the setpoint, mysteriously labeled 'zone setpoint 1', probably as a signed integer value, given its range of -1999 to 9999.

I'm perplexed about what they call the Process Variable (actual temperature). It's pretty obtuse to not have a Process Variable (PV) right up front in the map.

Maybe holding register 40003 is the PV because I'm speculating that in the absence of something clearly labeled "process variable" 40003 might be the PV, even though the term 'Resolution' appears for 40003. Resolution is probably intended for 40004 but the table is misprinted and where it says 'Resolution' it should say 'Process Variable'?

Or maybe holding register 40007 aka "Display value scaling point", ranged of -1999 to 9999 is the PV?

Likewise, these 'maybe' PV's are probably signed integers.

Sorry, I can't help you on the Siemens side, other than the Siemens must be a Modbus Master. Modbus slaves cannot talk to one another.

Last edited: