Ladder Logic programming

mattMeche

I am extremely new to this and I am writing code right now. the process or task i am working towards is painfully repetitive. Is there a way i can make a macro or something of that nature that i can use a variable to represent a line of code?

What plc are you using?
Can you post your code or the section you are trying to mack a macro/function for?

Its some Wago series i have not gotten it in yet. I am putting the code to paper for now. For the ladder logic there are 3 areas of work for the plc, each area has a set of senors that have to hold a certain reading for work to continue so in every line i have 5 different Analog comands that must hold true to continue
then there are valve
the valve can open and close to affect all 3 areas so if i open a valve that affects are A thats the same 5 comands
What i am getting at is other than short stuff if i could made about 12 macros... which is what i have done on paper. It would be done in hour.

Its some Wago series i have not gotten it in yet. I am putting the code to paper for now. For the ladder logic there are 3 areas of work for the plc, each area has a set of senors that have to hold a certain reading for work to continue so in every line i have 5 different Analog comands that must hold true to continue
then there are valve
the valve can open and close to affect all 3 areas so if i open a valve that affects are A thats the same 5 comands
What i am getting at is other than short stuff if i could made about 12 macros... which is what i have done on paper. It would be done in hour.
I believe Wago is a Codesys based system.
You can create your own FBs and use in the code multiple times (as many as needed).
I assume you have to also create DBs which will be called each time you call the FB if it is similar to Siemens programming.
Ignore the statement about DBs if not true as I'm not familiar with Codesys , but that's the way to go, create your own and re-use.