GE Download help please

I need some help here. I have a ge micro 90 plc IC693UDR010BP1 and need to update the firmware. GE website is not letting me log in and download the files from them. Not sure why.

Anyway, the files I need are 44a737773-g07.zip and 44a737812-g06.zip .

Any help is aprectiated, The only time I have to work on this project is durring the weekends.

Last edited:
Thank you for the files. I now have a new problem. I can connect to the PLC and start the upgrade. It will clear the memory, then it fails to download the new firmware. I have tried varying the baud rate, with no luck.

The PLC now powers up with the OK and RUN indicators flashing. I cannot go online with the PLC with cimplicity.

Any Ideas?

Last edited:
I don't know about firmware upgrades for this plc. I'm sure that Steve Bailey can help you a lot better than me.

I've never had to reflash a Series 90 Micro, but I know the procedure for reflashing a 90-30 modular CPU must be followed to the letter. Furthermore, nobody will ever accuse the instructions of being a model of clarity.

My first suggestion to you would be to reread the instructions and ask yourself if there is any other way you might interpret any step. My recollection of doing it for a modular CPU was that one part of the process involved connecting through the port on the CPU and another step involved connecting through the power supply port. Obviously this isn't the case on a Series 90 Micro, but the key point is that there are two different utilities involved and perhaps you're missing a step in setting one or the other of them up.

You must use Port 1 and you must have the Run switch "OFF". Set the PC port for 19200 baud,Odd parity.

No run/ stop switch that I can find.

I have read the instructions several times with no luck. Does anybody know the difference between the software zip files?

Does anybody know what a flashing green "OK" and "Run" light mean? I searched GE data base and manuals and could not find anything on what the flashing lights mean?

From Page 2 of the document M14-310ud.doc that was included along with the 44A737773-G07.zip upgrade file.

RESTARTING AN INTERRUPTED FIRMWARE UPGRADE

B. Power cycle the module. If a partial or erroneous download was performed the module will power up with the OK and RUN LEDs on the power supply flashing in unison.

Question for you. You mentioned needing two 44A files. If I'm not mistaken one of those files is for 14-point S90 Micro units, the other for 28-point S90 Micros. You didn't try to download a 28-point upgrade to a 14-point Micro did you?

I have the 28 point micro and I did try both programs. The G06 is the only one that ran. The GO7 just flashes a message in the dos prompt window briefly then shut the dos window down.

So I guess I had a bad Firmware update and that is what is causing the flashing lights and why I cannot connect with cimplicity anymore.

Is there a fix or am I screwed?

Summary:
The issue I am having is with the firmware upgrade. I am trying to use either the 44a737773-g07.zip and 44a737812-g06.zip. The 44a737812.g06.zip does nothing when launched.
The 44a737773-g06.zip loads fine and attaches to the plc. I am able to change the baud rate ( I have tried all possible baud rates, leaving the Parity, stop bits, and modem it settings alone).
When I attach to the slave I have no problems. When I update the firmware, it asks me if I am sure, I press the “y” button to confirm and the update starts. It displays that it is clearing the memory, then it displays it is loading the firmware (during that process it says block 1 and counts to a number like 16422.)
The problem is while is it loading the firmware, the plc errors out displaying” failed to load firmware press any key” Pressing any key kicks me out to the main loader menu.

Now both of the “OK” and “RUN” led’s are flashing and I cannot go online with Cimplicity, Like I could before I started trying to update the firmware.

Thanks for everyone’s input. I feel I am making progress, not there yet, but with all of this help I am optimistic!

You can't go online because you got far enough through the upgrade process to erase the old firmware.

Get a good version of the proper file and follow the instructions in the section "Restarting an interrupted firmware upgrade". If getting a good version of the proper file means acquiring a GE SSO, then do it. If you're concerned about giving them too much personal information, make something up to fill in the blanks on their form. They'll never know. About all you really have to provide is a valid email address. Believe me, they're not going to contact the HR departmant at your employer to verify that you're on the payroll.

Hopefully I will get a SSO tomorrow when I call my GE customer sales rep, as requested by the GE SSO registration program.

I do think I have a good copy, but I will verify with a new download from GE website.

Steve, I am curious where you are seeing "instructions in the section "Restarting an interrupted firmware upgrade"" What GE document has this section or where can I find these instructions? I cannot find these in the PDF and DOC files inclued in the ZIP folder or the micro plc user manual GFK-1065F.

Please don't be offended by this post, I'm only trying to help sort out what is going on.

Maybe this is just a typo but looking at the model number IC693UDR010BP1 that you indicated in the first post, the model number does not match the model number for the 44A737812-G06 file. The model number IC693UDR010RP1 is for for the 44A737812-G06 file, according to the tech support page. Click on the link I posted in post #4 and you will see that. I'm thoroughly confused with your post #11 as to which file you got to run. In the 2nd sentence you said "The G06 is the only one that ran." In the 3rd sentence of the summary you said "The 44a737812.g06.zip does nothing when launched." With any luck maybe tech support will email you a good copy of the 44A737812-G06 file.

Here is another link that has an earlier version of the file (m28-r301.zip). Maybe you can use it to recover from the failed upgrade.
Link:
http://www.ge-fanuc.com/support/plc/f-s90micro.htm

jrwb4gbm I would never be offened by someone offering help, again thanks to everyone trying to help.

I do see your confusion and it was a typo. the file I got to work and start loading was 44a737773-g07.zip (I transposed GO6 with Go7).

I have gotten my SSO and downloaded the most current files. I will be trying this again next weekend when I get the time. I will post my results and the solution if I ever figure this out.