TSX Nano converted to Allen Bradley

rintintin

This is my first post. I have an old TSX PLC which my client cannot support and have uploaded the ladder. I need to convert this to Allen Bradley for use in something like a MicroLogix 1200. As the ladder is not commented I can't know what some of the ladder was meant to achieve and some of the blocks make no sense to me at all. Is there any way I can easily convert this relatively small program (38 rungs) into AB?

Attachment??

Thanks for the response. I do not seem to be able to attach files to my message. When I work out why not I'll post the ladder.

Thanks for the response. The first part of the ladder (Rungs 1-14) appears to be just bits set at certain times by a clock. Then I come to a mystery block on Rung 17 which also seems to be related to Rung 18. The other block that's strange is on Rung 36 whicg also appears to be related to Rung 37. Apart from these all is straight forward timers/counters. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not able to open this Nano file in my PL7. Old version of PL7, which is not compatible with WinXP, is required. Or if you send me the ASCII format of your ladder program I can open it in Twidosoft.
Please send either the ASCII format of ladder or picture format so that I'll try to help you

Why not try a rewrite. As long as you know what the I/O is and what the PLC is suppose to do - then it shouldn't be hard to write a new program.

This goes from bad to worse. Because the software (PL7-07 V4.0) is an old DOS based program, there is not option for printing a pdf file (I had a problem sourcing the software but now see that it is widely available on the web for free). Then on to ASCII - the ladder is password protected and my client does not have it and that then stops you exporting an ASCII file. I am planning to do a rewrite as suggested, but as I said originally there are blocks that are a mystery to me.

I just opened your file in PL707 running on my WinXP machine, of course I had to rename it with a .pl& extension.

I then went into File - Print Setup and selected: Print to File and Text Printer. I could open the resulting file with a word processing program.

And yes your first several rungs appear to be a decode of the real time clock.

Thanks for that Jim. I have managed to do what you suggested but now the Post Attachment button has disappeared. I am going mad!!

Thanks Mickey. For anyone previously who is still with me, hopefully here should be a Word file with the ladder and my earlier post will explain what I don't understand. I have deleted some cross references etc to get the file smaller.

What was your specific question? I didn't see anything unusual, just a bunch of compare, timers, and counters. The OPERATE instruction on rung 17 is, if I remember correctly, is an assignment statement: set MW0 to 180. A MOV instruction would be equivalent in AB. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I am able to rewrite most to AB but I have never seen this software before so some blocks mean nothing to me. There is a mystery block on Rung 17 which also seems to be related to Rung 18 - what is an MWO going to do and how does this affect Rung 18? The other block that's strange - DRO - is on Rung 36 which also appears to be related to Rung 37 - some sort of stepper? Apart from these all is straight forward.