Convert PV+ to Redlion G3

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I know this is a loooooong shot but does anybody have any tips and trick for a PV+ to G3 conversion? Any gotchas that I have to look out for?
I was asked to quote a conversion today from a 6" touch standard comms. plus to the HMI of my choice. This system in a small machine with 15 screen, 5 of them are secured by password. So I don't think it is anything to major but still looking for some experienced users to keep me out of trouble.

I know this is a loooooong shot but does anybody have any tips and trick for a PV+ to G3 conversion? Any gotchas that I have to look out for?
I was asked to quote a conversion today from a 6" touch standard comms. plus to the HMI of my choice. This system in a small machine with 15 screen, 5 of them are secured by password. So I don't think it is anything to major but still looking for some experienced users to keep me out of trouble.

There's a small learning curve, but as long as there is not a lot of animation in the PV+, I don't think that you will have a problem... PV+ to G3 is an easy transition.... You'll change the way you layout your screens a little. Plus if you are familiar with C script, Crimson has a lot of power. The most difficult thing, will probably be the alarms. As Crimson 2 has to have a tag for each alarm.

I would recommend downloading Crimson (it's free), and try converting one of your more difficult screens.

-Brian Murray

The most difficult thing, will probably be the alarms. As Crimson 2 has to have a tag for each alarm.

I have done a couple of standard PV1400's to the G3, the fact the G3 needs a tag for each alarm is a real PAIN.

I did ask for this (an alarm tag/s, like the PV's) in the feature request how to make the G3 better....