DirectLogic 405. Possible to Upload?

Hi there,

As part of an upgrade we are ripping out a DL405 PLC with a Visual Basic front end and adding some expansion racks to an existing S7 system to incorporate the IO etc.

As I have never seen nor used a DirectLogic PLC my questions are:

1. Is this an old PLC?
2. WHat software do i require to view code?
3. Is software downloadable? Trial version perhaps to allow me to view code?
4. Is it possible to upload from this?
5. What kind of cable/protocol is required/used to upload from this PLC?

1. Go to here and check out exactly which CPU you have.

2. The units are programmed using DirectSOFT available here. There is a free demo but unless you application is 100 steps or less (highly unlikely) it wouldn't be able to read it. But you should be able to upload unless the program is password protected.

3. The free manual available here should show which cables are necessary to access the CPU.

Hope this helps

You may be able to use the DNLoader utility to upload the program to your PC. Someone here with a full version of DirectSOFT could probably give you a pdf printout of the program. It wouldn't be quite as nice as being able to browse the program in DirectSOFT, but it would be free.

Brian

I don't believe that the product of an upload using the DNLoader utility is openable by DirectSoft. It can only be downloaded again using the same utility.

I don't believe that the product of an upload using the DNLoader utility is openable by DirectSoft. It can only be downloaded again using the same utility.

Yep, that's right. I forgot about that.

I guess the person with DirectSOFT would also have to have access to a DL405.

Brian

There is also the fact that, even with DirectSoft and a non-passworded CPU, you won't get commented code. I take it that the action of the controlled item is not known well enough to write the program directly. And the original program must not be available. Good luck.