CLX Question

Aeroman

Supporting Member
Before anyone beats me over the head, I am still very new to the CLX platform. I also have not found anything in the doucmentation about this particular animal...I just can't seem to make the connection.

I am clueless as to what this particular program is referring to. I feel like a total moron. What are those pics specifically referring to as far as the FB and FBC? I have found zero in doing some research this morning. Again, forgive my ignorance.

CLX1.gif CLX2.gif

Those are array variables set up in the program. They are variables that the original programmer setup...

The FB[19].6 is word 19, bit 6 of an array named FB
The FBC[94].17 is word 94, bit 17 of an array named FBC

The second image didn't show much detail??

The first image the tag name F_RSP_E_STOPS is aliased to FB[19].6

Without any more information, I assume you are stuck on the alias part? The FB and FBC are just 'tags' in the processor. The FB is an array of at least 20 elements since you are showing us the [19].

Hmm I thought they would show up under Tags if they were declared like that. The original programmer has a metric ton of these (as you can tell by the sheer number of assignments of words-200).

He has every photoeye and almost every motor starter, assigned to this. For references sake, I need to track down how he assigned this stuff from the physical points (that FBC should have a real world partner to match the I/O). What is the best way of going about this?

I do appreciate your time.

Last edited:
In your controller tags double click on the Base Tag column. This will sort the data base with the Base Tags. Now the FB array should be more or less 'in order' for you. See if any of the sorted words align with prints of your I/O cards. Maybe the programmer used the words and copied the I/O into the intermediate to buffer the I/O for program scan?

Good luck.