Omron CQM1H-CPU21 need help

Towerlight

Hi All,

I'm having a problem in connecting my laptop to the Omron PLC.
I have the RS232 cable from Omron but my laptop don't have the RS232 Port so I'm using the USB to RS232. I try to go online but it say connection fail. Sorry, i don't know much about PLC please help...

Here are some keys to success.
1. Make certain that the drivers for your USB converter are installed. Use the Windows Control panel to determine which COM port is assigned to your adatper. You can use non-Omron adapters, and many do work, but not all will work.
2. Make certain that you have the correct RS232 cable.
3. Turn DIP Switch 5 on the CQM1 to ON. This will configure the PLC port for Host Link protocol, 7 data bits, even parity, and 2 stop bits ('standard' Omron settings).
4. In CX Programmer, make the same settings for communications, and you should be able to communicate.

If this does not work, is there anything else that we should know about the PLC? Is it working, any Error / Alarm LEDs, etc?